Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Trouble in the North ...

I just read this article in the Globe and Mail, about the suicide problem in the Ontario North.   It's a sad state of affairs, and I think personally it hits anyone involved in youth ministry like a brick.   It's heart wrenching, and an area that I think is hard for the Church to reach, but we are not called to do easy things are we?    Check out the article at:

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/news/national/christie-blatchford/lifting-the-veil-on-native-youth-suicide/article1856501/singlepage/#articlecontent

This sort of goes in line with something that I'm thinking of doing, and basically it's my own little mission project that my mother (bless her soul) has opened my eyes to.   Basically getting items to send to northern Ontario in time for next Christmas.   Still trying to get some info. on resources aka.. who to send the stuff too, but I think it's a start.

No comments:

Post a Comment