Saturday, July 17, 2010

Flying High

Woke up early this morning and headed to Midland, Ontario to attend the Battle of Norway/Battle of Britain 70 th Anniversary airshow.    It was a great time out in the sun, and checking out some classic planes.   I haven't been to an airshow for 15 years or so, and so this was a real treat.

I applaud the organizers, as everything seemed to be working smoothly, even my GPS helped guide me to the proper airport.  

The weather was superb for this event, and the planes didn't crash into each other.. good stuff.

I'll find out tomorrow which parts of me I forgot to put sunscreen on.   Anyway, I don't have much to say, other than it's hard not to appreciate the engineering of these planes, and just how amazing flying is.    In my late high school years, I was tempted to get my pilots license through university .. though funds at the time were tight, and those dreams were dashed... after seeing an airshow like to days .. I always pondered what coulda been.

Here are a couple more photo's from the show.    Enjoy.



















No comments:

Post a Comment